Our new 4-bedroom Getaway on 5 acres is situated in the centre of 500 metres of water frontage to the sheltered waters of Salem Bay. There is a secluded beach in front accessed by a private path. The water is clean and clear for boating or swimming and low tide uncovers acres of sand flats ideal for long walks.
- Laze the day away in one of the hammocks
- Watch from the veranda as the kids play in the safety of the shallow waters of your own private beach
- Take your dogs for long walks over the sand flats at low tide or leave them in the safety of the large lockable double avary.
- Try your hand at a gourmet pizza in the pizza oven or
- Enjoy marshmallows, jaffles, roasted potatoes and star gazing around the fire pit
- Explore the coastline in one of the kayaks
- Paddle amongst the skates and stingrays on one of the stand-up paddle boards
- Try your luck with the metal detector, cricket or badminton sets available for use.
- Venture out on one of the bushwalks available to explore the natural beauty of the area
- Contemplate the deep history of the area when exploring the Coalmines penal settlement
- Or just reconnect with friends and family over cards or a range of puzzles and games
This luxurious self contained accommodation is near Port Arthur and within walking distance of the Coalmines Historic site, both of which are World Heritage listed convict sites.
Coalmines Escape is a newly built luxury accommodation with 4 bedrooms on 5 acres right on the waterfront overlooking its own private beach.
- Main bedroom with king bed and ensuite, queen second bedroom, 3rd bedroom has 2 long singles which can be converted to a king bed and the 4th bedroom has 2 sets of king single bunks.
- All bedrooms have water views and built in robes
- All quality linen and towels provided
- Fully functional kitchen and butlers pantry (large refrigerator, cooktop with self cleaning oven, microwave and esteel cookware)
- Fully automated coffee machine
- The main bathroom with separate bath and separate shower, ensuite plus powder room (hair dryers provided)
- Full laundry facilities – washer, iron and ironing board
- Zone controlled central heating and cooling throughout the house
- NBN WIFI connected
- Fully equipped office space with printer/copier and monitor,
- 2 Comfortable living areas with leather lounges, smart TV, games and a toy box.
- Large gas BBQ and a gas pizza oven
- Outdoor seating and firepit with jaffle irons and toasting fork
- 2 X Kayaks and 2 X SUPs available for guest use
- Life jackets and wet suits in a range of sizes,
- Plenty of boat and trailer parking
- Portable gas BBQ, picnic set, chairs, table and blankets available for beach picnics
- Metal detector, beach cricket and badminton sets along with buckets and spades for the kids
- Bikes are available but bring your own helmets
Coalmines escape is ideally suited for 2 families or small groups and welcomes children and pets. It is the perfect place to recover from the 3 capes walks or alternatively wait it out in comfort while others are more adventurous.